Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Candyland

Hello All! I hope all is well in your life and your families. I had to share some funny "You know you're a mother if..." quotes I found today while surfing the net. Let me preface this by saying we have been playing tons of the game Candyland in our home. The kids truly love it. All three are figuring it out and even Luke can name the colors of the square he needs to move to and tell you how many moves he needs to make. I found a quote today that made me laugh because I commonly stack the deck so as to get an exciting quick game for all. I make sure all three have a special card that moves them to "Grandma Nutt", "Princess Lolly", "Mr. Mint" or "Queen Frostine"just to name a few. So this quote did make me laugh out loud today and at this point in pregnancy I need all the laughter I can get.


+You know you're a mother when you stack the deck during games of Candyland, so your 3-year-old picks Queen Frostine, a square near the end, first.+
Patricia Gallagher Newberry

I admit as a mother I like a kinder, gentler Candyland game. I like all participants to have a "fun" move ahead square. I even position the cards at times so they are in order so they don't have to go back all the way to the beginning to "Mr. Mint" once we have passed him. I had to laugh when I read it : ) Tonight we play Candyland with Daddy. He is a fierce competitor. I will let you know if he ends up with any of the "fun" cards or not. Love to you all- Crystal