Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Cheers, We're back home !!

Hello All! I wanted to quickly update the blog as we are quickly moving from one trip to the next. I arrived home at eight o'clock on Saturday the 16th. I was so glad to hug my family and have a large beverage I could have cried. God Bless the good old U.S.A., there is no place like home. With that being said our time did improve after our initial canceled flights, lost luggage, missed rental car and riding a Hoppa bus from Heathrow to hunt down another rental car. The beginning of the trip was slightly overwhelming. I was so glad we didn't have children with us. Heather and I feel we have learned so many lessons as far as international travel. We are considering writing a book.








The pictures I have attached to this post were special to me. First, an English rose. This particular garden was so fragrant that you could smell the scent of roses long after departing. The garden was on Winston Churchill's birthplace and boyhood home.




The next image is of my sister and I in our little village of Winchcombe. These houses were so quaint with the lovely gardens and climbing roses. I sort of expected Miss Marple to pop out of the door and ask us to tea. If you don't know who Miss Marple is, than you better Google her : )











Sudeley Castle is the stately home in the next photo. It was two mile from the village of Winchcombe. Portions of it were built in the 11th century. It was absolutely beautiful and the grounds were breathtaking. Also of significance is the fact that King Henry the 8th's last wife Katherine Parr (who actually outlived old Henry) is buried in the church on Sudeley grounds. She died after the birth of her one and only daughter.












Lastly, is a picture of Blenheim Palace where Winston Churchill was born and raised. He even later proposed to his fiance on the grounds. It reminded me of Versailles in France. It was very neat to tour. Whole sections were closed to visitors due to the fact that a present day Duke and his family reside there. Heather and I had a great trip!! Best of all we got to spend quality time bonding as sisters should. She is and always will be my hero for many reasons. She was was a great travel companion!! At least much of it even at the time we could laugh about. you know what they say, what happens in Winchcombe stays in Winchcombe : ) I love you Heath!! Cheers!!!