Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

What do I miss the most?




Some people have asked me "What do you miss the most?" I will have lived outside of the U.S. for six months in June. I have traveled abroad, but never lived as an Ex Patriate. It has been such a good experience for our family. We have been blessed with safety and security while living in Kuwait. But, I just have to be honest there are things I miss about the good old U.S. of A. Here is a list of the most important.

1. Family and Friends close by.




2. My wild bird friends ( there not many birds in Kuwait City)




3. The beach with it's soft sand between my toes.




4. The seasons (yes, I do miss snow and winter)




5. Forests and green space.




6. Inexpensive cold weather fruit (berries and cherries cost alot of KD here. Example I have seen strawberries for close to twelve dollars here.)




7. American TV




8. American English and accents : ) (I go to see my Embassy friends when I need to speak American)




9. The ability to buy yarn at every single Wal-Mart ( Ironic that I would learn to knit in Kuwait where you can't find inexpensive yarn at all.)




10. Target, Target, Target !




11. The Great Lakes




12. A big yard with grass




Don't worry about me, I am surviving and even thriving in this life! I am adaptable, I am assertive, and God has blessed me richly with the ability to see how blessed we are in the U.S. I could not live in the U.S. for many years. I have accepted that fact and am even embracing it, but please know that I miss it. It will always be "home" for me whatever continent I live on. I am already dreaming of taking our vacation in the Smokey Mountains in 2011. Until than I am happily enjoying this new life and it's amazingly eye opening experiences. Have a great Memorial Day weekend~