Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Grace and her bad day

After posting about how we are adjusting to life in Mali, WHAM, tragedy struck at 5:30 am this morning!

Our oldest daughter, Grace, ran into a sliding glass door that separates our family room from a hallway on our second floor. Grace is doing fine now as I type this, but it was a difficult, exhausting day!

It all started, for Kelly and I, with loud crashing and screaming frantically " I don't want to die!"

We entering the dark family room, to find Grace on the floor with blood pooling. I could feel my adrenaline kick in. Grace says as I comfort her "Mommy, I know God still has work for me to do here on earth, I can't die!" is she not true to her name, she is grace personified. She is certain she has more work to do for God, not that she needs to see one last movie or get an IPod. When she is scared about how badly hurt she is, she is still concerned about what God has for her to do in the future. I love that girl !!!!!

Next thing I know Grace and Kelly are off to the Health Unit at the Embassy and I am on the road to drop off the other kids ti school.

When I finally arrive at the Health Unit, Grace is getting stitched up and is doing very well! I knew that I married the right man :) He is my hero!

After she is all stitched together, Kelly says that the gash on her knee is very deep. He tells me we need to go meet with the local Orthopedic surgeon and get his opinion.

We arrive at the clinic are immediately whisked into the Surgeons office. He says he thinks we should put her under anesthesia and see what was cut. So, Grace had surgery in Bamako! She has been such a trooper. It was very wise of the surgeon to operate, because Grace sliced her Patella tendon. The surgeon was able to reconnect all the right areas while my husband watched the whole thing. It is such a blessing to have a Physician for a husband!

Here are some photos of Grace pre-surgery and post. Lastly is the photo of that nasty glass door. Please pray for Grace as she recovers, she will need the prayers as she heals. Thanks, Crystal