Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My new love................

I love many things, my husband, my kids, birdwatching, coffee, reading, travel and laughing to name a few. Since last March I have had a new love that has taken up much of my down time. When my mother in law, Vera, began teaching me to knit I had one goal. I wanted to learn to knit the classic "Grandma Washcloth". I hoped that with starting out basic I could complete one dishcloth before the end of 2010. My first knitting sessions with my mother in law were comical.
I was tense and couldn't believe that women could do this and have any enjoyment from it. While learning my husband and father in law would laugh at me and say sarcastically " You look so relaxed !"

It has been near ten months since those initial knitting classes. I can now admit I am in love with knitting! I find it ironic that I would begin in Kuwait where you cannot find any yarn. I cannot wait to get back to the U.S. where you can find yarn even at Wal-Mart. I think I will be over stimulated when I see the yarn selection at Michael's or JoAnn craft stores : )

I have made several baby blankets, many baby hats, doll blankets, and oodles of wash clothes. I must now always have some knitting project in the works. What fun it is! This has been my sanity while living in Arabia. I am in love.........

The blue blanket is called Tiffany, because the colors look like a Tiffany & Co. jewelery box ; )