Pages

Friday, March 14, 2008

Kenna, The World Traveler

Hello All! As I write this my sister in law (Kelly's sister), Kenna, is vacationing in Peru. She loves to travel and take on new adventures. I can admit I am slightly jealous of her : ) She has the freedom to travel at this stage in her life and I applaud her. I realize I am at a different stage in my life, so I get to live vicariously through her. I love hearing of her trips and seeing all the photos. This picture I posted is of Machu Picchu, Peru. She will be seeing this live and in living color. I don't really have a strong desire to see Peru necessarily, but there are places I do dream of visiting.


In the summer of 2000 Kel and I got to travel after we were married. We went on a short term mission trip to Kislovodsk, Russia with Kelly's parents. After our time in Russia we decided to backpack through Europe. We met up with Kenna along the way and a close friend, Brian, that Kelly grew up with. It was a great time! Kenna is such a good traveler, always positive and able to flex with the situation. Some good memories I have of our trip that include Kenna are; riding on a Hot sleeping car on a train through Italy while watching fireworks out the window and strolling through the Louvre and The Palace of Versailles gazing at countless treasures.


There are some places I haven't seen that I dream of. First is Africa, especially Liberia. Our son was born there, therefore that is a large part of his heritage. I pray God will give me the days to see Africa. Nextly, Is Ireland and Scotland. My sister and I visited England last June. Click here to see a post from that trip. It was a wild trip, we had several things working against us from the beginning of the trip, but we really enjoyed England. That is why I would love to see Ireland and Scotland. Lastly, there is much of the U.S. I still have yet to explore. Alaska comes into my mind as a state I would like to see. So what about you where would you like to go if you could go anywhere? Please leave me a comment and share. Us bloggers like comments, it keeps us writing : ) Love, Crystal