Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Mother's Day 2009

Happy Belated Mother's Day to all the GREAT Mother's out there. Especially to my mom and my mother in law who I love so very much. Mother's really do "change the world one little heartbeat at a time". That quote is from a Steven Curtis Chapman song that I love "One Heartbeat". I use it for inspiration quite often. Being a mother is by far the most difficult job I have ever had. It is a job that never ends, you get no paycheck and the huge baggage we carry of "Mommy guilt" is often enough to break me.

All that being said it is the most rewarding thing I have ever done. To hear your babies say "you are great, Mom" "I Love you, sweet Mommy"or "Mom, you look beautiful today!" (when you have just got off the treadmill) it makes it all worth it. I love each one of my children so much!!!! God has blessed me and I thank him for these little souls he has entrusted me with for this season in my life. I pray constantly that I am being a good steward with the time I have to influence these five sweet little people. There are days I feel I fail miserably, but that is why I try to listen to what is true. The truth is my kids will have issues, the truth is I am imperfect and have issues, the truth is I lose my temper, the truth is sometimes I would rather read a book or sip my coffee than play cars for the 5,000th time, but the biggest truth is GOD'S GRACE IS SUFFICIENT (2 Corinthians 12:9) for each day and I am serving the Lord by serving my children. It isn't always glamorous, but it is rarely boring or quite. If it is quite for too long every mother knows something dangerous or destructive could be occurring. That is my que to run and see what is keeping them from their usual boisterous playtime.

God is so good to us that he uses children to humble us and reveal to us our weaknesses. He is patient and shows me daily areas where I am changing and areas in my flawed flesh that need to wither and die. It is only through his strength that I can raise these children for him. Thank you God, I am a mother and I wouldn't want to do anything else for this season!! Thank you Mom and Vera, for all your love, encouragement and patience. You are both my inspirations and I so appreciate your selflessness in raising Kelly and Me! Thank you to all the mothers out there that are busy kissing away the hurts and teaching the alphabet, you truly are changing the world. God in his grace is allowing you to change it for his glory! Thank you God for making me a Mother!

The Photo attached to this post was taken before Faith, Grace and I went to out Mother/Daughter tea at church. What fun we had sipping tea, eating Petit fours and enjoying each other. It was a blessing to celebrate being a Mommy : )

God Bless you all ~