Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Irony is just so ironic



Hello All! It seems that immediately after my last post our weather went from nice and sunny to cold and rainy. Very ironic after just posting about the weather being so amazing! We are surviving, barely.



It is hard to be in a small space in the city with five kids. I am doing the best I can, but at the end of each day I am truly spent. Our homeschooling is going very well. God has given me the strength to do it. Normally when the babies go down for their naps I would have some time to myself. I might update my blog, read a book from my long "must read" list or clean. That time is spent exclusively for school, now. My preference would be to do a majority of our schooling in the morning. Usually in the morning the kids and I are freshest and ready to take on the day. It is hard to balance time between my "twins" and the "Big Three". We are getting into quite a little pattern now and I am surprised at how much I am enjoying it. I love to see them learn or master something new. I also love to color and do crafts with them.



We have really been enjoying this video series on these rain drenched days. All three of our oldest can now tell you so much about our Revolutionary war. Including the famous patriot who said " Give me liberty or give me death". They are eating it up, they have so many wonderful questions about history and the beginnings of our great nation. Kel and I are also re-learning much of this and enjoying the refresher course.
Later this past week we spent a fun filled day at Chuck E Cheese. Don't worry we used loads of hand sanitizer and washed hands many times. We almost had the whole place to ourselves because we went early on Friday morning. We are hopeful tomorrow that the sun will break through so we can run and play at a local park.
We found out this week that we won't be leaving D.C. until around the 7th of December. There are pros and cons with this. The pros being, we get to spend Thanksgiving stateside, we get to see D.C. with all lit up for Christmas and we get to continue to explore here. Not feeling settled is the biggest con. I can't wait to be in a more permanent living situation. I miss my stuff and especially my "mommy chair". But, I choose to focus on the positive. God is providing and for that we praise him! We have an offer on our house!!!! It is supposed to close as soon as possible. Thank you God for lifting that weight off our shoulders!
In the photo I posted above, Faith holds one of our craft projects from this week. We sculpted things with modeling clay. Faith, loved it she made a tree, birds nest, bird eggs, mother and father birds that are feeding their already hatched babies. This kind of clay doesn't harden. She has played with her bird nest all week. She has made other additions to it and re sculpted it over and over. It has been so fun getting to see how "the big three" love to learn!