Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2009

A great weekend and one painful goodbye

Hello All! Last night I typed up this sweet tribute to my mother in law, Grandma Briden. I forgot to save it on blogger and lost the whole blog post. UGHHHH!



Here is is in a nutshell. My mother in law turned 74 while with us this past weekend. We go to enjoy her day with her and that was a treat! We went to Arlington National Cemetery. It was a beautiful day that was full of reflection about all those we have loved who have served in our military. Thank you everyone who has served, without you we would not be living freely in this great country of ours!



We got to see the changing of the Guard at the Tomb Of The Unknown Solider. Grandma Briden in all her trips to D.C. had never seen it and I think she really enjoyed it. We also had a celebration dinner topped off with Chocolate Decadence cake, YUM.



Grandma Briden went home to New Mexico on Sunday. She was such a blessing while here. She did load upon load of laundry, washed mounds of dishes and read books aloud for hours to five kids who love to be read to. Thank you, Mom Briden! I missed you like crazy today, but I know I must take it from here. I wish you could have seen the new park we visited today. It was much fun. All five of the kids miss you and Granddad, please come to Kuwait soon!!!!!!



On Sunday we went to Mount Vernon, George Washington's home in Northern Virginia. I loved it! It was a beautiful day and we had a picnic on the banks of the Potomac river. I am in awe at times of the beautiful country God created here. I could have easily retired up the road from Mount Vernon. When I returned home I surfed the net to see how much houses Alexandria cost, YIKES! I have such sticker shock here. How do people live in homes and pay them off that start at 1 million dollars? So, sadly I don't think I will be retiring near General Washington's old homestead, but I have a season pass. That means I can at least visit when I want and sit on the porch over looking the river, hey I can dream!



The kids favorite thing at Mount Vernon? The Blacksmith house. We returned there three or four times. All our children love fire and building things. All in all a good weekend, but we miss GRANDMA!!!!! Blessings to you all~