Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My Bosom Friend






Hello All! I miss my friend, Saskia. She and I had become very close by the end of my time in Muskegon. We went to the same church for years. Our friendship blossomed last year about this time. Why didn't God bring us together sooner? She is very similar to me in many ways. She has a great sense of humor and I love that in people. People who take themselves too seriously are well, serious. I am rarely serious. If I am serious my kids and Kelly know the change by just my tone of voice.







Saskia, was and is a true friend to me. She is someone who I look up to literally and figuratively. She is amazingly talented, a great cook, a veracious reader, a self sacrificing mother, an encouraging wife, and a best bosom friend. In Anne of Green Gables, Anne and her close friend Diana are "Bosom Friends". The kind of friend you can share secrets with and know they are safe. The kind of friend who sees you at your craziest and still loves you. The kind of friend who values the same things you do. The kind of friend that also challenges you to think outside of the sub culture you were born into. The kind of friend who shares the same God. Saskia sent me this in the mail today for a birthday gift. I couldn't hold it together I cried like a baby. Thanks, Saskia!!!!!! You will always hold a special place in my heart, right next to your famous NACHOS! Saskia you and your family are always welcome to visit us anytime you want. Come to Kuwait and we'll paint the town red! Well maybe not red, it is a conservative country after all. Maybe we could paint the town a nice shade of pale pink while sporting our Burquinis and Crocs. Are you game? Love and miss you~