Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Knitting Queen

My mother in law, Vera, is truly a "Knitting Queen". She has amazed me since we had our children with beautifully created newborn sweaters, blankets and even a poncho type sweater for me. She is currently working on an afghan for Faith that has "Hello Kitty" knitted into the beautiful squares.

Before she left to come to Kuwait. I asked her to teach me to knit. She said she would even though she had never taught anyone to knit before. She graciously got a knitting kit for beginners, the right yarn and knitting needles for making cotton washcloths.

I am proud to show you my first knitting project! I don't know what it is. Right now it is practice. It may end up to be a baby doll or stuffed animal blanket. I am now dreaming of knitting for my grandchildren. I have to tell my self not to jump ahead, so for now I am finishing my current project. Next up is a washcloth to send to my mom back in Michigan. After that I have a nephew or niece due in September. This is so much fun, I could go on and on and on knitting!!!!! Thanks to Vera, she is the best Mother in Law and a great teacher : ) Love you~