Pages

Monday, March 3, 2008

Mama said there would be days like this

Hello All! Wow, it has been a hard day already and as I type this it is only nine in the morning. First, Mommy is sick. That is never a good thing. The house can be thrown into chaos when I go down with anything. Last night, Kelly was on call. He got called at two in the morning with the stupidest question. So, our sleep was broken first, due to that question. Normally not a big deal, but I need to rest to recuperate. Then after sleeping through the night for a week now, Hope woke up at 4 A.M. So I got her settled and back to sleep. I was just closing my eyes when I heard the alarm at 6:00. I felt like "Death warmed over". I knew though that I had to "suck it up" and get everyone going and off to school.









We all made it to the van and were backing out when trouble struck. The temperature had risen above freezing last night. In Kelly's last post he shared about this making everything ice and slush. As I was backing our Bus out of the garage, I had to make a correction and drive forward to avoid backing in to some of our landscaping. Well, that did it, after that I was stuck trying to propel the big bus forward. Keep in mind I have everyone ready for school and the wheels are spinning, making the ice underneath worse. I try to rock it by going in reverse and then turning the wheels hard in another direction while going forward. No such luck!!! SO there I am stuck, wishing I could have went back to sleep today to rest my germ ridden body. I pray" God help me." Than a thought pops into my head. Our sweet neighbors next door may be home. In the next instant I see our neighbor, Larry, backing out of his driveway. I jump from the Van nearly slipping and falling on my backside. I wave him over and He offers to take the girls to school. What a God send!!!! He was so helpful and selfless. He knew what I needed and offered it immediately. So the girls were off to school but, I was still stuck.


I called Kel and he tells me to use the Ice-Melt salt around the rear tires and it should help you get traction. I let the Ice- Melt set for about one hour than I try again. At first, I am thinking my predicament has not improved. I of course am praying the whole time. Finally after using my rocking technique I get up enough momentum to pull forward into the garage. Praise God I am free : ) Most importantly the kids got to school. Grace was crying so hard about missing school. Her class was scheduled to sing at a local nursing home this morning and she loves to sing. Faith also didn't miss making a paper mache Dinosaur Egg in pre-school. I felt like this morning I "couldn't win for losing." But, God still provided and was faithful even when I was discouraged and powerless to do anything.





















I have posted some pictures of the kids making a snow Mommy and baby. Daddy played with them outside yeasterday for about two hours. No, not Hope, she was outside for about 20 minutes only.I am so thankful for Kel, he is a GREAT Daddy!!!! I also included a picture of an Opossum that was eating under our bird feeder yesterday afternoon. He was so much fun for the kids to watch. I can't stand them though. They are big and creepy. Not cute and cuddley like they are portrayed in children's books.




How do you like the new Blog design? I love it!!! I had Nikki make it for me. You can check out her blog at http://www.madebynikki.blogspot.com/ Well, I have a little girl crying to have a drink : ) Love, Crystal