Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2009

25 random things about ME



I was tagged by friend Nicole here, she has been an amazing encouragement to me and I thank God for bringing us together even if it is only in the Blogosphere : ) Here goes Nicole ~






You are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 3 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you. Don't forget to link it back to my blog..Have FUN!! HAPPY READING!



1. I am the second of four children I have one older sister and two younger brothers. I love them all dearly!!!!!!



2. I was born in Michigan's lower peninsula, but lived in the Upper Peninsula (U.P.) for some years before I started Kindergarten. It was neat time, I have many good early memories from Ontonagon, MI. Most include the snow on some level.



3. I am currently reading 'Narrative of the life of Frederick Douglass'. I know I read some of his accounts in school, but it is unreal that people did enslave other human beings. The sad thing is slavery continues around the world. I would highly recommend reading this or Harriet Tubman's biography.



4. I was not a "reader" growing up. My siblings were gifted with the ability to consume large quantities of Science Fiction. I was to active for sitting for that long. Now during free time I rarely have my face out of a book.



5. I love Chocolate and Dessert, especially berry pie.



6. Tonight I had mother/son bonding time with my boys while Kelly went to the "Snowflake Dance" at our girl's school. I can't wait to hear about Daddy's dance moves.



7. Luke, Timmy and I ate dinner late, made hot cocoa, ate peppermint patties, played a game of Sorry, wrestled and snuggled. That was our bonding time : )



8. I struggle the most with people who are pretentious and only see people's outward worldly value.



9. I am a Gestational Diabetic. I did the best job control my blood sugar level with Hope. It was my BEST pregnancy, I had hardly any weight to lose after her birth.



10. Some days I want more children, some days I don't think I can take care of more. I am leaving it up to God. See previous post, here. I am a decreasing, He is INCREASING.



10. When the house gets to cluttered/messy I can't concentrate. I actually say to my husband, "Kel, my mind is getting weird" or "Honey, I am getting weird." He knows now after nine years that is his cue to get everyone cleaning ASAP.



11. I love the Veggie tales, we just got the newest one last night. "Abe and the amazing Promise". It was very funny!!!



12. I love the Fox News Channel, especially Bill O'Reilly.


13. I love my in-laws, unlike many people's stories of horrific relationships with their in-laws. I love and adore them. We lived within miles of each other for 5 years. I still miss them.


14. I want to live in Africa someday.


15. I believe in the One True God named and explained this way, the Trinity(God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit), I AM (Jehovah), the creator of Heaven and Earth. I have given him the only thing I have to give, myself. I know he loves me and wants his best for me. I strive to live each day for his Eternal Glory!


16. When Kelly and I got married we told each other we wanted 6 kids. Again, we shall see what God's will is for our family.


17. I love Yankee Candles, I have many and burn them often.


18. I am an R.N. and a Lactation Counselor.


19. I have thoroughly enjoyed breastfeeding my babies. Hope is now 14 months old and I dread the day when she doesn't nurse anymore. Although if I am honest I was slightly looking forward to that day in a moment of weakness tonight after she bit me, OUCH!


20. I am amazed by people who home school! WOW,You are gifted indeed!!


21. I am ready for spring. I am not a complainer, but we have had alot of snow this season. I can't wait for the crocuses to break through our huge icy piles of frozen water.


22. People do react to me differently when I have my sons with me than when I have just the girls with me. I am getting used to it now(it's been over three years since Luke's "Gotcha" Day), sometimes I even forget all about it. Most often I give people the benefit of the doubt that they are just curious, but come on people, some of you need to get out more often.


23. God has used adoption to grow me in tremendous ways, it has blessed me probably more than my sons by far. I am sometimes in awe that a little boys from Liberia and Uganda who most likely would have never met me, let alone eachother, in this life are my sons. It gives me goosebumps! God is that BIG!!!!


24. I love to play 'Hidden object' games on the computer.


25. The best thing God ever prompted me to do? Marry my husband, we are different and similar in many ways. It is neat to see how God brings people together to be a part of his body. In the body of Christ there are many members, not everyone can be the head or the eye. Sometimes I feel like I am just the "Chief cook and dish washer", but Christ has shown me there is no shame in those jobs. I have to take on the mundane and sacrifice for all so God can be glorified.




I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it : ) God Bless you~Crystal
Lastly, I tag Saskia, Jessica and Jena.