Pages

Monday, February 9, 2009

Meet my son, Dr. Luke


Hello All! When you adopt trans racially sometimes you have questions in your mind that rattle around in there for years. Will he be a well adjusted adult? How will he grieve the loss of his birth parents? Will he identify with his Daddy despite the fact that they do not resemble each other in physical appearance? I am excited to report one of the questions was answered for me today. Luke was asked at pre-school what he would like to do when he grows up. He then had to draw a picture of his future dream profession.
He said I when I grow up "I want to become a Doctor". YAHOO!!! This means he is strongly identifying with his same gender parent, Daddy : ) In the picture he drew it had me in it as a sick patient and he was "helping Mommy get better". I am always thrilled to hear Luke's dreams and thoughts he shares. On a lighter note I am thrilled that I may have a future connection in the medical profession as I have gotten used to free medical advice for years now. I know Luke would make a good physician if God calls him to become one. He is kind, tender hearted, will fight for what he believes is right and is an awesome helper!!!!!! Luke, is also named after Dr. Luke in the bible and after his Daddy in a way. I am so glad Luke is my son, I can't wait to see what he will do with the life God has gifted him : ) Love you all~ Crystal