Pages

Friday, June 19, 2009

Found under a rug while cleaning

YIKES!  As I cleaned this morning look atDSC_0152 what I uncovered. This HUGE Beetle with front pinchers the size of lobster claws.  It held on to the rug for dear life as I wrestled it into the jar.  Kelly tells me “Crystal, don’t pass on your fears to the children.”  I believe women have an innate response to large bugs that brush their hands while cleaning, TO SCREAM!  I did didn’t scream when I felt the pinchers brush my hand initially.  Then I quickly laid the rug down and let all the kids examine it, with their eyes only.  After that I grabbed a jar and wrestled it into it’s new home.  As I was trying to get it into the jar it used it lobster claw pinchers to protect itself. It would clamp them down on the rug and hold on with the power of a boa constrictor ready to devour it’s next meal.  The kids are enjoying peering in the jar at our “new friend”.  I have not passed on my fear, Kelly, don’t worry!  I wonder though isn’t this something that one should be fearful of having that close to your hand?