Pages

Friday, August 28, 2009

Good Morning



Good Morning! This morning as I was awoken by a hacking 21 month old, I was able to contemplate certain things about my life. I have been struck lately by the image of a "White Washed Tomb". Jesus spoke to the Pharisees about tings they needed to make marked changes on in Matthew 23. In verse 27 Jesus says exactly this





"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs, which outwardly appear beautiful, but within are full of dead people’s bones and all uncleanness. So you also outwardly appear righteous to others, but within you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness."





I cannot help but think of the ways I am truly a "whitewashed tomb". I appear just fine on the outside, but cleaning from the inside out is really where the eternal struggle lies. I am praying now that I am a witness to all I come in contact with, of Christ's love, grace, forgiveness and redemption.





Am I a hypocrite, yes. Am I a a liar, yes. Am I a gossip, yes. Do I place other things (Idols) in my heart before God, yes. Am I selfish, yes. But, I see now that life in Christ truly takes a lifetime. He is refining me slowly and patiently. The things I once valued hold no value to me as he daily renews my mind. I pray as I go to places far from the U.S. that I am transformed on the inside, as this is truly what matters to God and is eternal. My body may be slowly decaying and dying, but inside I am becoming white as snow. A better analogy would be I am becoming a butterfly. The Chrysalis would be considered pretty normal by most people, commonly even missed by most. When the process of changing from a a Caterpillar to a Butterfly is complete, no one can question what has taken place inside. I pray this is my life for you, Jesus! May you alone be glorified in my life!