Pages

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Please no more painful goodbyes

This past week was a busy one for our family. As we prepare to go to our new home in Kuwait, we are working on accomplishing all the things that seem to creep up in the last few weeks before a move. Wait a minute, didn't we just move ten weeks ago?

Last Sunday we had a special guest arrive to be with us for the week. Grandma Nettie came to snuggle the bunch. We are so thankful to her for all her help. She washed millions of loads of laundry, YAY!!!! She played kitties with the big girls, dogs with Luke and read to the twins. Needless to say, we will miss her.

I don't like goodbyes, so I pretend we will see each other soon. My prayer is I will be able to convince her to come to Kuwait and stay with us. I am truly so glad we have Skype. What a blessing to at least be able to see family and friends, even if it is blurry or the camera freezes up. What a blessing to at least have a glimpse of those we love from so far away.

Here are some photos from our time with my Mom. We had great weather and fun times! The signers of the Declaration of Independence have a park dedicated to them. We spent the afternoon there with my mom. It was a gorgeous day. Kelly claims to be related to on of the signers, John Hart. I of course am going to ask my in laws if this is true.

We love you Grandma Nettie, see you soon~

As I type this I realize we have less than one week in D.C. First we are off to London for a few days. Wow, the time has both flown by in many respects. We visited everything we could with five young children. They have loved this time. I am amazed at how much they have learned about our nation's history, the Revolutionary War, President Washington, and all our monuments and memorial. I hope Grace, Faith and Luke all have memories of this time. I know Luke's will be limited he is only 4 1/2.

The other side of leaving the "Beltway" is great relief!! How do people live in the BIG city with children? I am excited for a larger home in Kuwait and a small patio on the ground level. I am ready for our youngest, Hope, to be sleeping again in her own room. I am excited to see my Mommy Chair once again. I am ready to make new friends and see a part of God's world I NEVER thought I would travel to. God has built our excitement, now we have work to do this week as we "pack out" yet again.

The picture of Kelly, Hope and I was taken by Luke he loves to take photos on an angle. I love his creativity, so I had to share it with you. Have a great week and Happy Thanksgiving~