Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Houston.......we have a problem.



It looks like we will get to see Virgina in December after all. We have had a problem with our visas. Sadly, we have to wait till the seventh of December for approval. In the meantime we hang in Arlington for awhile longer. BUMMER! We are so excited to get to our new home. The kids are ready to start school outside of the home and make new friends at the embassy compound pool. I guess with life in the Foreign Service it is important to be flexible. So, we will flex and pray that we will be on a plane in the first week of December.



We have all our luggage packed and ready to go, should I unpack? I can't do it, most of what is in the bags is clothes we are not using currently. I think my new decorating theme will include large luggage piles in each room. If only my luggage was more decorative, I guess I could always add some nicely positioned throw pillows. There is always room for a pillow.


This weekend we are off to our friends home in Pennsylvania for Thanksgiving. We are excited to get to see them as we met them in Uganda as we were in the process of adopting Tim and they their sweet baby, Gracia. Kelly and Matt spent many weeks together helping each other get through the frustrations of third world adoption. Kimberly (who was pregnant on the trip to Africa) and I were able to chat about all the frustrations we were having with our hubbies a world away and the fact that we didn't know if we would see our newest children ever again. We are so glad after our disappointment of being grounded to have this time away from D.C. It will be such a blessing to see them again and chat about old times in Uganda.


Happy Thanksgiving to you all. Me, I am so thankful for a God who has forgiven me, a warm apartment, healthy family and the best husband a girl could ever ask for~
The picture is of our house in Kuwait all decked out for Christmas : )