Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2009

I almost lost track of time

Today we found my new favorite place. The closest nature center. I have missed "Green Space", which is apparently what it is referred to here in the big city. Back in Michigan "Green Space" was our yard.

I rarely lose track of time. I am a descendant of many Germans. I am always on time. Today, though I think I slipped from our space-time continuum into heaven. I was able to photograph my beautiful children, spy some birds, listen to the water rushing over the rocks and enjoy the amazing fall foliage. It was perfect for a time. The kids were all happy running, laughing, and watching leaves float down the stream. Had I stepped off into another world? Where was the traffic, the loud sirens of the millions of firetrucks constantly going here or there? The towering buildings were replaced by the towering trees. Unfortunately all good things must come to an end. Is that Hope crying because Timmy had the audacity to breathe? Snap, just like that and I am back to life, back to reality!