Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2007

SPRING????


Hello All! I have lived in Michigan all but five years of my whole life. I am aware of what a Michigan spring entails. Usually a cold and rainy Easter celebration is the order of the day. But, uh-oh I think we are going toward Christmas, not Easter. My Daffodils and Grape Hyacinth have probably not survived this blast from the Arctic. I have posted our current temperatures currently. In yellow is the temperature with the wind chill factored in, YIKES! I am sure My Spring birds are hiding somewhere warm. They think they took a wrong turn and ended up in Alaska. Needless to say the big Easter egg hunt I had planned will most likely be inside. Maybe not, there is something so cute about kids hunting eggs in snowsuits : )
We headed to the children's museum today. It was the perfect indoor activity for today. The kids played and laughed until the museum became so packed you couldn't see a foot in front of you. I guess on such a cold day we were not the only family with the same idea. It was great fun all the same. Last evening two main state highways in Grand Rapids were shut down because of the white out conditions and the number of rollover crashes. The State Police responded as quickly as they could, but some motorists were stranded for hours. This shows how many crashes there were last evening. Scary!! This sure makes me want to make Hot Cocoa and a fire tonight. Is it really Spring? Love, Crystal