Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Time to Reflect


Hello All! The area of West Michigan we live in is very historically rich. In the late 19th century to the beginning of the 20th century the area grew by leaps and bounds because of the lumber boom. This weekend we are staying at a cottage on the White River about 45 minutes north of where we live. The White river was a river that saw much lumbering traffic back in those days. We are excited to have some family time to relax, reflect and enjoy nature. I am excited to maybe get to do some well deserved birding, kayaking and fishing. I love to fish, even when nothing is biting. There is just something about casting out the line, watching and waiting. I'll try not to get to "A River Runs Through It" on you : ) We have also been told the cottage has 11 kayaks, I can't wait!! Supposedly along the White River is where lumber companies would dump some of their discarded logs. Some are still lining the bottom of the river. If the kayak flips I might get to see some of the logs, I hope not to closely. So it is off to the cottage we go. Pictures will follow soon!!! Oh and by the way, the exciting news I spoke of in the last post will come soon. Be patient my friends, it will be worth your wait : )