Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Walk Like an Egyptian

I never could have imagined as a young lady reading Agatha Christie's "Death On The Nile" that I would indeed one day see the land of Egypt. All I can say is it is absolutely amazing!!

Kelly, Kenna(Kelly's older sister) and I left for Egypt last Friday afternoon. We have seen many wonderful things during our time here. I realize it is a blessing to be able to travel and see things that have been standing for many, many centuries. The Egyptian people have been gracious and kind. I am thrilled to be learning more Arabic here, but it is apparently a unique Egyptian dialect. I will go home to Kuwait and try it out on "my people". I hope they will understand me. "Mish Mooshkula" ( is No Problem ,in Egyptian Arabic)

We enjoyed two stops in Egypt, Cairo and Luxor. Luxor has been by far our favorite! The valley of the kings and the temple of Queen Hetchesphut are absolutely breathtaking. I will edit more photos and post them upon our return to Kuwait. Now I am going to enjoy my last hours listening to the incessant horn honking in Luxor, while reading "Death on The Nile" by Dame Christie a second time and sipping Turkish coffee. Life is good!!