Pages

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

24 hours



Good Evening! As I write this Kelly should be on a plane from Uganda to Belgium. Only 24 hours before his return, God willing! In Belgium he has a 4 hour layover and then he leaves for Chicago. This is more exciting for me than Christmas morning as a kid. The kids are all super excited and I keep telling them that we have to wait till Thursday for Daddy to come home. Grace keeps asking is it Thursday yet? She then goes on to ask is Daddy going to be here when I wake up? No, but hopefully before you go to bed tomorrow :)


Grace had her first school Christmas party today. She had a gift for me when I picked her up at school. She wanted me to open it right away, but I'll wait till we get home. As soon as we walked in the door she gave it to me to open. Her teacher had also included gifts for Luke and Faith as well. (so thoughtful!) So we opened our gifts together. Faith and Luke got the same book from the teacher as Grace" Little Porcupine's Christmas" by Joseph Slate. I must say though, I got the best gift of all a magnet for my refrigerator that Grace had made with glitter confetti and a sweet picture of herself. She said "I made that for you Mommy." I melted, I can't stop looking at it thinking of her sweet fingers making it. She was my little baby, I will cherish it always. I remember making ornaments in school as a kid. Did my parents feel the same way about the things I made? It is a fun thought!


Grandma Briden made it home to New Mexico safely tonight. I am glad she is home and can now enjoy Christmas with our family in Albuquerque. I am jealous though as they have a better chance of having a "White Christmas" than us up here in the north. I am praying for snow! Oh yeah, not until after Kelly gets home though please. Enjoy your family and Christmas celebrations! Remember "Jesus is the reason for the season" Love- Crystal