Pages

Thursday, December 14, 2006

No news is good news, right?

Well, No news from Africa today. I know, "no news is good news", but I still wish I had some news. The kids are actually getting restless as time goes on. Daddy is sorely missed and by more than just me. Grace said tonight at bed, "I miss my Daddy now that he is living in Africa." Earlier today while in Target, Faith, said "look Grace ,that's Africa where Daddy lives" as we looked at a globe in the toy section. So you can see two weeks is a lifetime in our daughters mind.

I am so glad Kelly had this opportunity to connect with God and show is love to others. Kelly lives for trips like this and he is I am sure thrilled to see Sudan. I am so moved by the people of Sudan. I can't imagine living in constant fear for my life. Please pray for the Christians of Sudan as they are being viciously slaughtered. I am so blessed to have been born in the U.S. It is only by God's Grace that I am not in Sudan, Liberia, China or Russia. I often think God knew I couldn't make it in anywhere but here, I would buckle under that much pressure. But thinking of traveling overseas to Africa to share hope and love, that I can do, that I will do. Please if you have time over the next few weeks go to see the movie " Blood Diamond" it is excellent. The movie touched a special place in my heart because of Luke. Most of the blood diamonds sold illegally were funneled through Liberia under the Dictator (President) Charles Taylor. He is and was the main reason for the destabilization of West Africa. Luke is from Liberia and I sobbed in the theatre thinking of how God choose him to escape. God reached down and plucked him from one of the worst countries in the world. God is so good and we are thankful for him, our son, truly an African American.

Well I hope all is well with all those who read this and know you are in my prayers. I thank God for you all!! Merry Christmas- Crystal