Pages

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The Christmas light tour


I can't believe it!! I just got the news from my father-in-law, Grandma Briden had to stay overnight in Dallas because of delays and snow in New Mexico. I dropped her at Gerald R. Ford International Airport in Grand Rapids this morning. I am so bummed for her that she didn't make it all the way to Albuquerque tonight. She was getting a virus before leaving and now this. Please pray for Grandma Briden as she tries to return home tomorrow. Thanks Vera for your self sacrificial spirit!!


Tonight the kiddos and I headed to Target for some last minute shopping and to be out of the house for awhile. We thought we would drive around after our shopping to view all the Christmas lights. We called our Christmas light tour. It was great fun!! We went to the drive thru at McDonalds and got milkshakes. Than we turned up the Christmas music and we looked for lights. I would tell them which side of the car a big display would be on. I started saying "Oh Grace, that is big time!" Meaning a big light display was out their window on their respective side of the car. Grace said at one point "is that my Big time or Faith's, mommy?" They loved it!!! I think they could have keep going with that for much longer, but it was bedtime and mommy was concerned that our neighbors may think we are stalking them we drove by so many times.


Kelly sent us two DVDs today via the team from Texas. The first is a greeting taped of Kelly, by Kelly for us. The second is a compilation of the video footage he recorded in Liberia, West Africa. He sent both DVDs back with the team to Texas and they shipped it to us. I was thrilled to receive it. It was the best Christmas present ever to hear the children at Greater Love children's home in Monrovia singing "Joy to the World". I think it will always be my favorite Christmas Hymn from here forward. Love and God Bless- Crystal