Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Tornadoes and Fuel Pumps


Hello All! Well Monday night was wild in most of the middle of the U.S. and Michigan was no exception. We were also under a tornado warning. I didn't know this as I was driving in a pouring thunderstorm with Grace and Faith. We went to Bob Evans restaurant Monday evening for a fundraiser for their school. As we were there we saw the weather getting worse. Grace kept telling us all through dinner as she saw lightning. After we finished dinner, we started to head out the door and I herded them both back inside because the rain was coming in freaky looking sheets and I thought " We can wait for it to slow down". The rain let up slightly and we headed out to Kelly's truck running as fast as little girl legs can go in the rain and lightning. Once in the car we got on the highway and I was going 20 miles an hour as I couldn't see well at all. I then decided to get off the highway and take roads with street lights in the hopes of seeing the definition of the road. These roads were almost all flooded and I had to drive in the center turn lane. I called Kelly to tell him how bad it was, and he said " Well right now we are under a tornado warning right now in our county !" I was shocked and I said "O.K., Bye!" I then looked around and noticed not many people were on the road with me. So I started to speed and asked the girls to pray. Faith after praying for our safety said " I know Daddy is praying for us to get home safely." I love Faith's faith so much, she is certain of so many things. Grace is a mini-mommy in many ways. She is slightly prone to worrying as am I. My sister, Heather, and I joke about it now as we both are similar in this. We refer to it as our " Nervous Condition". Grace kept saying "I don't want to be struck by lightning!" After Grace prayed for us she than said "God will protect us, right Mommy?" It was crazy, but we made it home safe and immediately upon entering our garage both girls said " Thank you God for getting us home safe!" This is the part that I can sometimes forget, praising God when he has protected you and led you safely through.


We were in Kelly's truck on Monday because our "new to us" Van is in the shop after only a couple weeks!! So we have to fix the fuel pump and other things and it is going to be very expensive. Needless to say, Mommy is hopping mad at the used car salesman that told us nothing about all these problems. So I am having to use Kelly's truck to take him to work and pick up Grace and Faith from school. Please pray that the van will be reliable after this. We need to know we can count on the van as it is our only car that can transport us all safely.


We are praying for all our friends in Missouri as we have heard you have been hit in the weird January storm the worst. I pray you are all safe and healthy!! I am not sad we left the "Show Me" state when I see the tornado warnings in Missouri. People who live outside of the northern U.S. often state I couldn't live through the winter, I don't like cold. Well I don't like Tornadoes, Mud slides, Earthquakes, Hurricanes, and Volcanoes erupting that is why I choose to live here. When it snows and snows and snows we just go outside go sledding and drink hot Chocolate. Sounds like the perfect day to me, I LOVE WINTER!!!!! People with "nervous conditions" shouldn't drive in tornado warnings!! Love you all- Crystal