Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Saying Goodbye is hard to do.

Hello All! I don't like goodbyes, but it seems like this week has been one goodbye after another. Don't get me wrong I love the people we are saying goodbye to, just not the future separation.

This beautiful lady holding our youngest, Hope, is Kelly's nurse, Barb. She has been a great friend to Kelly and me, a surrogate Aunt/Grandma to our children and an amazing coworker to my husband. I truly thank God for her generosity and love for our family. The kids love her and they know when she comes to babysit they are guaranteed a fun night. Thank you Barb, we love you so much!

I have figured out this evening why this move is so hard for me. It is watching it through my children's eyes that pains me.

I don't want to sound callous, but I have moved before. It is hard, but I know you survive. My children on the other hand don't remember much beyond this home and town being our life. Luke came home at seven months in 2005, so he has no memory other then Michigan as home. Faith was turning two when we moved, now four years later she is turning six. She has friends at school she adores, she is used to the routine here, she knows what season comes next her, Autumn. Grace, our oldest, does remember Missouri. She has an amazing memory. I don't think she remembers it all, but there are things that are clear in her mind. She was very young though the last move, she still misses our friend Mr. Edge from Missouri and his claw that he would tickle her with.

This evening Faith had a play date with a close friend from her kindergarten class. As they were running through the woods I heard her say, " I love you Trevor, I will always miss you." OUCH, that made me cry! When my children hurt, I feel like someone is ripping out my heart and stepping on it. Just because they are not the deepest friendships at 4, 5, 6 or 7 it doesn't mean they don't feel the pain and the loss of these special people. I am trying to be extra sensitive to that and chat with them about it as often as I can. I want them to know that I acknowledge it as loss. I want them to know they can share with me. I want them to know I have my own losses and sadness at this time in spite of the major excitement I am feeling.

So, to all of you sweet, special people in Michigan. We will love you, we will miss you and we pray the best for you and your families always. You will always have a special place in our hearts and our memories. Goodbye for tonight~