Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Happy Birthday, Luke : )

Yes, it is the month for celebrations in our home! Last week we were excited to celebrate our first son, Luke's birthday. Luke is now a big five year old! I can't believe it. It seems like just yesterday we were picking him up the airport in Chicago to bring him into his home and family. He was a little guy for seven months. He would drink 15-16 ounces of formula the first few weeks. He got bigger very quickly and now compared to that little baby we met for the first time in September of 2005, he is downright huge.
Luke is fun, very funny, full of questions, has a sweet heart, is very inquisitive and very kind to his siblings. He reminds very much of his father. He is VERY patient. He has the ability to entertain Hope and keep her happy for longer than even myself. I think he will become an Engineer or a Physician. He tells me he wants to be a Doctor, but he is determined to figure out how everything works. On a carousel ride, recently, he was engrossed by the workings of the machinery. Most children are just enjoying the wind in their hair while waving to family members. Luke is determined to understand the inner workings of the machine.


Luke, I cannot believe you are five years old! Time has gone so fast! You are a charmer my son and you have won my heart. You are often the first here in Kuwait to greet all the locals with an "A Salaam Alakum" (Hello). I am proud of you as you become a young man. You are very chivalrous to me and your sisters. You look out for us as a man should. You are commonly holding doors for me, pulling out my chair and bringing me an endless supply of coffee and diet coke : ) You are one of the least lazy people I know. You are always willing to help, even if that means climbing six flights of stairs in order to do so. You have started Ju-Jitsu and have had the instructors(Senseis) laughing out loud. People always say "Luke is quite a character!" I totally agree a character that I absolutely adore.

Keep asking questions, Luke. Don't ever stop thinking about the how and why of all situations. You are so amazingly gifted! You are also very inquisitive when it comes to all things spritual. Before we moved to Kuwait, you asked "Mom, do we have to worship their God?" You think so far ahead.

I am so blessed to have you as a son! Thank you for being such a sweet, loving, forgiving son. You are the best son we could have ever dreamed of, you are so special to us all. Though you do not look like your father and I we know that families are made up of more than flesh and blood. They are made up of love for each other, commitment to one another and dedication to all the members. My prayer is that we reflect each other where it counts, in the heart. I pray commonly that the desires of my heart are God's. I know back in 2004 when your father and I started the adoption process that this was God's desire placed in our hearts. You being in our family is his desire for us and you, Luke. God has changed me so much through your addition to our family. Luke, I pray that you seek God with your whole heart, that will always know that we (your family) love and treasure you and may you always reflect your father's (both earthly and heavenly) heart. You are going to do great things for God, Luke. I praise God that I was blessed with the privilege of becoming your mother!!!! Love and Hugs~ Mommy