Pages

Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Big News!!



Well I am observant if nothing else. From the lack of posted comments on my "must read" blog, I have decided to announce some rather big news! We are starting the process of adopting number two from Liberia. Now when I say starting the process I mean we need to send in the cash to start our home study. So we are very much still in the beginning stages. To be honest the time involved in the process of adopting overwhelms me. If not for this I would be very excited and screaming it from the rooftops so all would know about this decision. But, alas I am a realist. This will be a long process, it will entail many things I don't like. Collecting tons of documentation, writing about my childhood and how I thought my parents got it wrong and right, having heated conversations with USCIS ( formerly INS) officers, and waiting, waiting and more waiting. I know it is all worth it for the life a child, my child. But I must admit I wish the process of international adoption on the U.S. side of things could be streamlined. Maybe someday that will be God's call for my life. For now I anticipate a battle for this little guys life, I am ready! May God be glorified as we pursue the Briden Families newest addition! Love, Crystal