Pages

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Quick and Painless


Hello all! Well today we had the interview process of our home study. The second time around is so much less painful then the first. Because we had typed up our autobiographies that made it easier as well. Our social worker was very nice and she did very well at putting us at ease. She interviewed Kelly and I as a couple, Kelly by himself, me by myself and the kids. I actually really enjoyed it this time, so I guess you could say it was quick and painless. Now they compile the home study and approve or deny us. We have given them ever piece of identifying information we have ever held. They now know more about us than some of our closest friends. Not because we wouldn't want to tell our friends. Frankly I think it would bore them to tears. Faith kept saying to the social worker " I want the baby" and "Where is the new baby?" So I had to explain the whole "you have to be patient babies take time" thing. That is the same for having a biological child or for adopting. Adopting can be more stressful in that there is no definite time line. For a three year old though there is no time like the present for everything!! : ) I loved the picture I found of this baby. Luke looks at me like this quite often and this little guy is cute. We continue to pray for God to lead us to our baby boy. God Bless, Crystal