Pages

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Home studies and Mother bears


Now it begins. I have started answering question after question for our second home study yesterday. It is really quite amazing all the information that is needed for this process. Questions like " Discuss the strengths in your marriage.-- Discuss the adjustment period when you first married.--How are household responsibilities distributed.-- If you and your spouse were to have an argument this month, what would it most likely be about?." Interesting, very interesting! I am sure enquiring minds want to know: )
I am praying for God to guide us regarding the child that he wants to add to our family. I feel such peace this time. Primarily because the child is not identified as of yet, at least not by us. I have no question in my mind that God has had this little guy in mind for some time now. So it is with that confidence that we proceed. God is going to reveal to us at the perfect time the little guy. It was so hard to be going through these preliminary steps last time with a child already identified. You think of them so often. I used to gaze at the picture of Sarah (the little girl we tried so hard to adopt from Sierra Leone) and wonder what she sounded like, what her smile looked like, even what she smelled like. So after experiencing that I am glad to have the luxury of not having a picture and name to look at. That was so hard. Especially with the adoption not succeeding. I still pray for Sarah, I think I always will. I am aware though that there will come a time when we do have the name and picture of our new child. Then it becomes more real. That is when the mother bear attitude in me tends to come out. Don't mess with my cub, I want to be between them and trouble. I at the very least want them on the same continent!! God Bless- Crystal