Pages

Monday, January 15, 2007

A Room with a view


Hello to all! Well winter has come back to Michigan. I am glad. I much prefer the snow to gray days, with rain and no sun. So I have included a picture of the snow and the view from our family room. I love this view, it is from our sliding glass doors. Today I feel like God has blanketed the ground in white just for me to enjoy. Looking out this view and enjoying what God has created is how I connect with God. I believe different people connect with God in many unique ways. I am a nature girl !! I always feel my strongest connection to him while enjoying the wonderful world he created. My dad came to visit yesterday and we went to see "Charlotte's Web" with him at the local movie theatre. In the movie when Wilbur enjoys his first snow of winter the narrator says " It was as if Charlotte had shaken the snow out of the sky just for him." Grace and Faith were looking out their bedroom window while getting dressed this morning and Faith said " Look, Grace, we have snow on our window, How cool." Grace replied " Yeah, God shook it out of the sky just for us." I had to smile at the truth in the statement. I am commonly quite impressed though at the willingness of children to believe the truth. They accept God is real and that he created the snow. It may have a scientific explanation, but ultimately who makes the snow!! Who is in control of coating the dead brown landscape with glorious, clean, refreshing white? Job 37:6 reads -He says to the snow "Fall on the earth" and to the rain shower "be a mighty downpour"-. God is good !! Thank you Lord for the snow : ) Blessings to you all- Crystal