Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Butterflies everywhere












Hello All! Yesterday morning Faith's class had a field trip to Frederick Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park in Grand Rapids. I drove instead of taking the bus, I get motion sick on the back of school buses. It is always to hot and you bump up and down like you are in a boat on rough water. I will most often choose to drive when the trip is an hour on a school bus : )











At Meijer Gardens they have a neat Butterfly exhibit inside with all the tropical plants. It was great fun yesterday. We got to see many beautiful butterflies and it was nice enough to play outside as well in the children's garden. Luke has overcome most of his fear of flying insects. I wonder how that little man would have handled a disabling fear of insects in Africa? He did great yesterday, no running away screaming or anything. Faith always enjoys being out and about. She enjoyed the plants and the butterflies the "blue one" was her favorite. Hope did great as well. She has huge butterflies that hang in her bedroom. I wondered what she thought of it, she was awake the whole time just taking it all in.



Outside we went to the children's garden and ran like crazy. Luke loved the "Big Beaver" sculpted out of some kind of moss, I think. Faith enjoyed the large birds nest and playing on the human size bird's eggs. It was a great day and within two minutes of leaving Luke was passed out. I had to take his picture : ) Yes, I did take it while driving down the highway. Maybe I have taken multi-tasking to far?! God Bless!!! I hope you enjoy the photo collage!!