Pages

Monday, March 30, 2009

Today


Hello All!
Today I have been thinking about how much I have fallen in love with the area of Michigan we currently call home. Yes, the winters are rough, but we have survived 4 winters here in the "Lake Effect" snow capital! That is a victory in and of itself. I love swimming in Lake Michigan on warm summer days, we are blessed by our church home and family and I love being around people who have the same Northern accent and way of speaking. What a blessing moving into a new community can be. When we moved here 3 1/2 years ago, we knew only our real estate agent and Kelly's coworkers. We now have a network of friends and places we visit that are so special to our family. One of the biggest blessings is the Lutheran school that our kids attend. I love and respect those teachers so much. Change can be difficult, but I have really loved learning about this area of our beautiful state.


I am originally from the opposite side of the state near Saginaw, MI. I don't miss it one bit!! I miss the people and maybe at times thinking back in time to the way things used to be. I miss my "family of origin", but life does move on doesn't it. I will always have special memories of people and places in my hometown, but I am so happy for where I am today. I think after years of struggling with where I was in each day, I am able to live easier in today. There are still things I look forward to, but I don't constantly think " when X happens everything will be great!" I love West Michigan and I would lie if I said I was glad to see more snow this weekend, but today is a new day with sunshine : ) I guess what I am saying is I am learning to embrace each moment God gives me, to embrace each place I have lived. I am now becoming a mixture of Okemos, Freeland, Bolivar, MO and West Michigan. I have been blessed to see life from different locations, each one with it's positives and negatives. I am no longer only a girl from Saginaw County, these other places represent parts of me as well. For today I am thrilled that spring is just around the corner and that I can walk to the Lake : ) No, I can't swim in it quite yet! But soon, soon I splash with the Bunch on the long summer days. Today though I am so happy to be a West Michigander in Springtime!!!
13 Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, and spend a year there and engage in business and make a profit."
14 Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow.
You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away.
James 4 : 13 and 14
May God Bless you today~ Crystal