Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Living Lovely With Family


Hello All! I stumbled upon this blog from another blog, as well all do quite commonly : ) I have really enjoyed the posts about "Living Lovely With Family" you can see the explanation HERE. Heidi shared some good ideas on her blog and I am always thankful to start new ideas and traditions for our family to connect. This week's edition is sharing how we connect with family daily or ideas we hope to start to implement to connect daily. I have already gotten some good ideas from the other families. So here is ours : )


1. We read at night, every night. We also discuss the days events. So if you cal between the hour of 6:30pm to 8:30pm we may be busy and not pick up the phone. That is our time to connect.


2. We have a "family" day and it is Sunday. On Sunday night we spend time singing while Daddy plays the guitar, we play a game, we memorize scripture, we read a bible story and we have a special snack. Because we are Christians our family time usually involves questions about God and the bible. We have slacked on this lately as we have had so much sickness in our home. This inspires me to keep faithful to it. The kids LOVE this time with our undivided attention. They also love asking us questions about our relationship with God and our beliefs about Him.


3. Lastly, I make an effort to snuggle each child for a period of time each day. As a child I loved my mom hugging me and rubbing my back. I know it makes them feel special and they can feel how loved they are. I enjoy it very much as well. They have all grown so quickly, it forces me to slow down and take a minute to savor the moments I have with them at their current age.


4. Lastly, we have times weekly for everyone to say encouraging thoughts about each family member. We go around the table at a meal and say something we really enjoy about each person. It is amazing to see each child's face light up and shine when they are "encouraged".

"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing"

1 Thessalonians 5:11


I can't wait to read what the rest of you do. Go here to see the rest of the ideas for this week. I enjoy learning from others. God Bless you all~ Crystal