Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Washington Paralyzed by "snow"


Hello All! I had to include an article I found today posted on the Washington Post's website. I had to laugh at this. A vote in Congess has to be postponed because of an inch of snow. Is this true? I mean this isn't the same as Florida or Georgia recieving an inch of snow. This is D.C. and last time I checked it was quite a ways north of the snowless south. They should be prepared for snow, right? I have attached a picture of our home taken today. This is snow, and it has been coming for weeks now. I will be honest most of the time Congress makes me laugh. Once again I am laughing : ) Love, Crystal



The bitter inch
That horrible Washington weather.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid took to the Senate floor this morning to explain why the scheduled 10 a.m. vote on a homeland security measure would have to take place at 1 p.m. instead.
Noting it might seem strange for those outside the Beltway that a little white powder falling from the sky could cripple Senate operations, the Nevada Democrat said Washington is "different from a lot of other places."
He added that some might scratch their head at "an inch or two" of snow creating "all the pause, but it does." He said many senators and their staffers live in Virginia, and added that one mystery senator is "stuck on a train because of the bad weather." (Reid's office promised a call back to identify the commuting lawmaker)
"Make a long story really short, we have essential staff that's not here right now," Reid said, wearing his signature frown. "Those are the facts of life in the bitter winter of an inch of snow in Washington."
-- Christina Bellantoni, Capitol Hill correspondent, The Washington Times
Posted on March 7, 2007 9:56 AM