Pages

Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Laura Ingalls Wilder has nothing on me !


Hello All! For the past four days we have had a fire in our wood burning stove in the family room. It has helped I am sure on heating costs as the temperature has only been at max 15 degrees in the past five days. Most days less than 5 degrees. Anyway I am becoming quite the frontier's gal. I am now enjoying the challenge of the fire dying and rebuilding it. When Kelly returned to work after the weekend the torch (so to speak) passed to me as far as care and maintenance of the fire. I will have to admit I like fire, but Kelly loves it. I think he is a closet pyromaniac. But that my friends is a whole different topic for another day. : ) I am now seeing the fun of fire. Building a fire is so gratifying. I see now why on the TV show Survivor they kill themselves for the tools to build a fire. It is fun to be challenged to keep something going. Most days I assume the heat will continue to heat the house and give it little to no thought beyond that. I suggest building a fire and listening to it burn as it is quite therapeutic. So now I am a frontier's women I can build a fire and keep it going! Before you know it I will be baking my own bread over the open flame. O.K. so I start it with the butane lighter, it still counts, right! : ) Blessings- Crystal